• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Java Game project and library collection

This topic is 4310 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on a project for over a year that I thought might be interesting to some of you. It's a Java based 3D space combat sim. The game itself is nowhere near complete, but some of it's components are. I've been building the whole thing to be as modular as possible, so it's broken down into multiple libraries that are pretty useful on their own. Here's which components are in a useful state (and a short description of each): Timer (variable resolution stop watch) Hierarchy (Simple XML persistence library; uses atomic file writes) Video/Modeler* (Simple OpenGL scene graph and programmable modeler, JOGL based) Action (Simple notifying, message passing container system for named objects) GUI (Not very done, but contains useful GUI classes for configuring input devices and a GameWindow class that takes care of fullscreen mode for you) Input (Wrapper for JInput to make it far less painful to use; it associates settings with your devices and has methods for loading settings easily) * This is the big one of the project; it's a must see. Here's the URL: http://deimosproject.sourceforge.net/

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement