• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
artoisval

Wich model to use for amateur game ?

This topic is 4613 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all;-) Im currently devlopping a game engine in c++, so far I have a fully playable rpg game : Can walk around the map, attack and be attacked by npc. Loot the freshly killed npc, and sell and buy items from vendors. the camera work perfectly, and more. I always focused my work on the game part of the game. But right now Im concidering using another 3d model for it. I currently using Quake 2 (md2) model. since they are outdated and dont look great with today standard, I was wondering if anyone have a suggestion to chose a new one. Since my game (if released someday) will be open source and it is a personnal project, I will prefer some open format, it should also be easy to implement/understant and have good editing tool. I used OpenGl and Sdl, and Im currently devlopping it all in c++. Thx for your sug.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!