• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

"Filter" Game Release

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For the past couple of weeks I have been working on my new game idea, Filter. In this game there are falling different colored balls and you have to move a grid in order to try and line them up in a row of 5 (diagnals don't count). So, its got elements of a strategy game in which you are trying to get 5 balls in a row without getting in the way of any of your other rows and elements of an action game because you need to catch the balls in the right grid space by moving the grid with the mouse. You also have to catch the black balls only in the center 4 black squared of the grid otherwise you lose points. Everyone starts off with 50 points and you gain points by getting 5 in a row and that also clears the row off the board. The game doesn't play as complicated as it sounds and is easy to pick up. I also integrated a high score and user system directly into my website. So you register on my website and you can keep track of every game that you played and get your name on the high score lists. I also have a guest high score lists for users who don't want to register. I'm trying to make the site a place with a ton of fun games that all have statistic tracking through the unified user system and this game is hopefully the first step in that direction. There is still a lot of work to be done on the game such as sounds and animation and the statistic system but all the basics are up and running. Here is the link to the game and website: http://windtunnel.mybesthost.com/filter.php Feel free to check out the rest of the stuff on the site and leave comments about any of the comment. Criticism is appreciated on the game or any other components of the site! Thanks, Ken Colton

Advertisement
Cool game; I liked the concept. The top-down variation on the "line up falling objects" theme seems to work fairly well in this case. My only grip is that it seems very easy sometimes to "lose" a falling ball if it's not quite centered on a slot in the grid.
Rating++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement