• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

c++ and SDL

This topic is 4338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

please be gentle ._. i'm still a newbie i'm using VC++ 2005 express and i'm taking a look at some of the SDL sample source, and it looks like it uses C (printf statements and manual character arrays as opposed to strings). so i gotta ask, can i use SDL with c++? so i can use my couts and strings and such? if this is a stupid question then i'm sorry i asked ._. but i don't know.

Advertisement
ok cool.

could i possibly trouble you guys for one more thing? the source for a little sample c++ sdl program, i can't seem to find one anywhere...

Quote:
Original post by econobeing
ok cool.

could i possibly trouble you guys for one more thing? the source for a little sample c++ sdl program, i can't seem to find one anywhere...
There are a lot of code samples in the documentation. Also, more good stuff here and here.

Quote:
Original post by econobeing
ok cool.

Here's the sample code I use for my tutorials:

#include "SDL/SDL.h"

int main( int argc, char* args[] )
{
//Start SDL
SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING );

//Quit SDL
SDL_Quit();

return 0;
}

It's used to make sure SDL is set up right.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement