• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

replace part of figure

This topic is 4338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanna do this cool thing: I have a base figure in 3d3.(.x format maybe) I wanna replace part of the figure ,so I can get more customized figure with different head body nose etc..... so give me some clue and idea about that. some restrict: I wanna do skeleton animation so the base figure better be in a mesh(a vertex buffer) some try: I replace head part with a customized head that in a .x file. if the 2 head vertex number is the same. I just replace every vertex and index in vertex buffer and index buffer. but if the head is not the same? how to fit it to the base figure? some question will occur. how to handle the weight? the mesh is a skin mesh that is bind to skeleton.

Advertisement
Wouldn't it be easier to keep each replacable part as a separate mesh and bind them all to the same bone structure independently?

Another way to get around the problem would be to only replace the texture of the mesh, but the difference would be minor.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement