• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Using GPU for physics calculations

This topic is 4338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im looking to start my designing and programming of a lightweight physics engine suited for real-time rendering, and one thing Id like to implement is using the GPU:s superior flops compared to the CPU for some calculations. However, I havent been able to find much useful information about this topic anywhere. Lots of ppl/topics mention that its good, but not really how to implement it :). Anyone know of a good information source about this?

Advertisement
You'll find lots of information on this site:
-> http://www.gpgpu.org/

If you have questions - just ask. I've done quite a lot on the gpu in the past months. (including implementing a SPH algorithm on the GPU)

Greetings, Roga

Ill probably be back to hold you to your promise in the near future :P.
We still have quite some designing/research to do before we start our actual coding though.
Checked gpgpu.org earlier today and found some interesting articles that cleared things up a bit.
Nvidias developer section on their homepage also held some nice information aswell in form of a cloth and a water demo that uses GPU physics, if anyone else is interested in this.

Ah well, back to scanning code samples! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement