• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

New version of MAGE (Adventure game engine) and game

This topic is 4402 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone! I've just finished uploading a new version of my adventure game engine (MAGE) for Windows. With the download you also get to try out my game that I'm putting together. You can download the engine/game (in one zip) from http://members.iinet.net.au/~mattcomi@iinet.net.au/mt/bigbucket/ And any feedback is MOST appreciated. In fact, if anyone is keen to give the engine a whirl, I'm going to attempt to put together some tutorials soon. Thankyou all very much, Matt Comi.

Advertisement
Seems pretty solid Monkey Island...y..fun. Some way of moving faster and skipping over text'd be cool (though you probably realise this). Coolies.

Yeah, forgot to mention that you can adjust the text rate by pressing -/+. You don't get any feedback however... not exactly workable yet, but if you find it frustrating go ahead and smack + heaps of times :)

By the way, feel free to fiddle in the script.lua file. All the game logic is described there.

I think you should get a domain name for this cool project.

A few questions. Can you save? How many scenes are in the game?

I completely agree that I should get a domain... been thinking about it for a while, will get onto it soon.

To answer you other questions, there are 2 rooms in the demo so far. The game will consist of a bit more than 10 I think, depends how it goes.

And no, you can't save, unfortunately. I'm looking into some different techniques at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt.

if you don't want to spend the money on a domain you can get a .tk domain for free. go to dot.tk for more info. Basically you keep your host at the same place but you can just go to mage.tk in your browser and it links to your main page.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement