Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mossmoss

Resolved: Only TEXCOORD0 works?

This topic is 4612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

This is a followup to this thread, since I can't seem to reply in that thread any longer. I'm posting the resolution, just for reference in case others run into this issue. I finally managed to find the problem, and it was indeed render state; just not where I'd expect to find it. This line of code was done once, very early in execution, and had probably been there prior to my joining the company: SetRenderState(D3DRS_WRAP1, D3DWRAPCOORD_0 | D3DWRAPCOORD_1 | D3DWRAPCOORD_2); Since I "knew" all texture wrapping was being done via SetTextureStageState or SetSamplerState, I never went to the section of code containing this line. (I'm guessing this is an older interface for doing texture wrapping? Still in place for backwards compatibility... ) Anyway, I managed to find it once we started using some nVidia cards, which manifested the problem differently. The ATI card messed up TEXCOORD1 channel, while the nVidia card messed up vertex shader output register 1. Once I removed the SetRenderState call for WRAP1, both problems were fixed. Using PIX for Windows was a big help in locating this bad render state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!