• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SeiferAlmasy

Publishing My Game

This topic is 4608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok so I have finished my game (might try to add netplay later). Is there any chance of getting it published for PC, its a simple 2D game , but a bit more advanced than something like pong. Has its own original soundtrack also. Where do I start? Thanks, Seifer Almasy

Advertisement
Have you posted in the 'your announcements' section, and a link to your game? You might get feedback there. If you think it's exceptionally good, skip this and send it directly to a indie game publisher, or promote it yourself by making a web site.

Because it was here that my project began mostly. And i didn't think of posting anywhere else. This Indie developer...any reccommendations? Do you have any contact addresses/websites?

Many thanks.

link us to a demo ver. of some sort so we can see what you have, if you dont mind. That might help us better advise you (and have a little fun in the process).

Will take a bit of time to make youa demo version and I will certainly think about it. Though if someone were to criticize it..that wouldn't be very good for me lol ;)

Ok, no prob. The main reason i suggested it was because i'm also writing a game based on a homegrown engine and i'd rather like to see how others are doing it. (although you appear to be rather further along in development). (i wont post any shameless plug here, that is in my own thread "Project Phoenix Ver. 0.48D")

I don't have a link, but Reflexive publishes alot of simple, 2D indie games. Check out their website and send 'em an email.

But, if this is one of your first couple games, it'll be unlikely that it will get published. Even if it doesn't, just make a website, post the game, and post any other games you make on it. Build up a reputation/portfolio and that should be benefitial.

Quote:
Original post by SeiferAlmasy
Will take a bit of time to make youa demo version and I will certainly think about it. Though if someone were to criticize it..that wouldn't be very good for me lol ;)

What do you mean it wouldn't be good to criticize it? That would help you make the game better, because you could see how others feel about it. Criticizing is only bad if it's something like "You suck!", which would just be rude.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!