Project Phoenix Ver. 0.48D

Started by
5 comments, last by medevilenemy 18 years ago
Alright, it is time for me to update everyone on my progress yet again (because i'm just that obsessive). Recent updates include a scrolling background, a silly easter egg that is invoked by simultaneously pressing a certain two function keys (i wont tell which, of course), it now runs in fullscreen mode (sorry everyone, only 800*600 resolution for now), a preliminary credits routine (accessable under game options -> credits). It is available from: www.medevilenemy.f2o.org/pp.html I will also take this opportunity to mention that i am always looking for suggestions and (slightly more importantly) help with art, programming, and music (PM or email me if you would like to help). NOTE: in order to play the game you must support openGL, install openAL (installer included in zip), and support a 60hz refresh rate. <and yes i am aware that this should probably be in either the help wanted or announcements sections... i just figured it is better off here>
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Advertisement
Why?

I mean this is clearly an Announcement, owned by you. Putting it in Your Announcements would seem the obvious thing to do, no?
i dont know, either way it doesnt matter. Wherever it is placed, the thread is still about the game itself so i would appreciate if all following comments are at least loosely regarding it.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
comments anyone?
Not to be confused with MDXInfo's Phoenix Engine [wink].

Quote:This application has failed to start because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Do you happen to have a copy of OpenAL32.dll laying around?

After running OpenALwEAX.exe and "installing" OpenAL, I got it to run, but due to my horriblely old video card, I could only get 3 FPS.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by medevilenemy
i dont know, either way it doesnt matter. Wherever it is placed, the thread is still about the game itself so i would appreciate if all following comments are at least loosely regarding it.

The above poster is correct, this belongs in Your Announcements.
so be it, no problem there.

1) I'm not calling my engine phoenix... in fact, i havent bothered to name the actaul engine.

2) I'm sorry your framerate is so bad. I'm afraid there isn't too much I can to do solve that issue though. You simply need somewhat newer hardware. Curiously, even at 3FPS, how is actual observed performance? By that i mean is it playable, etc? If it isnt, i should probably put some more work into my speed altering code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement