• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Calin

Distributing MDX helper libraries.

This topic is 4584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know if there are any light weight setup packages that would install the MDX helper libraries that come with each DX SDK release? I mean some MDX clone for this installs [Edited by - Calin on April 5, 2006 7:43:21 PM]

Advertisement
Armadon, thanks for the link. The problem is that I'm working on a MDX game, and I'm worried the game will not run on the end-user machines if I will not add the DX redistributable that came with my SDK version (that is June 2005).

I know this is an issue with unmanaged DirectX so I was afraid same rule applies for Managed DirectX. I'm a bit surprised you're pointing me to the latest DirectX runtimes. Does this mean anyone can run my MDX game if he has the latest DirectX runtimes installed?

Get the latest web install packages from microsoft.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/sdk/default.aspx

It will download what is necessary to run your program (hopefully). I've tried it myself and there seem to be no problems. Also remember that your end users might need .net v2.0

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!