Sign in to follow this  

PC performance problem

This topic is 4304 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm trying to develop my own games in DirectX/C++, and I use my laptop to work the code and my desktop to create the models. So, I decided to try and see how the game run in my desktop. Problem is, my laptop has a Pentium 1.5 with a graphics card of 64Mb and my desktop has a AMD X2 DualCore 64bit processor and a GF6600 GT 256Mb. So, the game runs a lot(!) faster in the desktop... Sometime ago, I saw some "limiter" routines that could solve this problem, but now I can't find any... =( Can you help me? Thanks... ;)

I kind of had the opposite problem but I think it applies:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=379724

Took me a long time to accept that it would be better to make my game time-dependant instead of processor/frame rate etc dependant. Worth it in the end though. Limiting strategies suck.

[EDIT] Meant to say, my problem was my 450mhz had a frame rate of 120 whereas the 1.8Ghz machines only had a frame rate of 60 so the speed of the computer is not necessarily a reliable yardstick to limit by.

Sign in to follow this