• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sagito

PC performance problem

This topic is 4461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm trying to develop my own games in DirectX/C++, and I use my laptop to work the code and my desktop to create the models. So, I decided to try and see how the game run in my desktop. Problem is, my laptop has a Pentium 1.5 with a graphics card of 64Mb and my desktop has a AMD X2 DualCore 64bit processor and a GF6600 GT 256Mb. So, the game runs a lot(!) faster in the desktop... Sometime ago, I saw some "limiter" routines that could solve this problem, but now I can't find any... =( Can you help me? Thanks... ;)

Advertisement
I kind of had the opposite problem but I think it applies:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=379724

Took me a long time to accept that it would be better to make my game time-dependant instead of processor/frame rate etc dependant. Worth it in the end though. Limiting strategies suck.

[EDIT] Meant to say, my problem was my 450mhz had a frame rate of 120 whereas the 1.8Ghz machines only had a frame rate of 60 so the speed of the computer is not necessarily a reliable yardstick to limit by.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!