Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C++ better than Fortran??

This topic is 6148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

**HUMOR WARNING**
** The Jester General has proclaimed the following paragraph to be a joke. It is only a joke. People lacking a sense of humor should NOT ingest the following. **

All you young whippersnappers yappin' about C++ and FORTRAN, why, in my day we used ones and zeros, and them there ones were in short supply those days they were, and we had run around flipping them switches ourselves, I tell ya, no fancy-schmancy transistors to do yer work for ya! That was real programming! Uphill in the snow, too!

** This has been a joke. Please continue with your regularly scheduled thread reading. **

*grin*

-fel

EDIT: *rolls her eyes skyward* better?
NOTE: I'm not mad. The warning is a joke too. Breathe.

Edited by - felisandria on February 1, 2001 3:53:48 PM

Sorry, felisandria... it was smoething you could expect from me, since I have a fucking BAD English... So how did you want me to know what grin means?? I still don´t know... Anyway I´m starting a topic ´bout that! Man, what an ignorance of mine! Of course they didn´t flip the switches myself. Since you can definetely understand english.

Edited by - rockslave on February 9, 2001 12:40:42 PM

Um, rockslave, jeez, couldn''t you tell I was totally joking? If the post wasn''t obvious enough at least note the "*grin*".

Personally my first programming language was TI BASIC. I didn''t learn assembly until after I learned C++.

Deep breaths, bud.

-fel

Assembly!!!

Well, what can I say? It might not be the easiest to learn but when you get the hang of it you will love it.

I though Danish was the most beautiful language in the world. But then I learned assembly...

The Intel architecture might not be that cool. In fact it can be VERY annoying. But you just don''t care when you sit there in front of your monitor looking through thousands and thousands of lines of assembly code trying to find that tiny little bug that makes your computer crash all the time...

Guest Anonymous Poster
pfft.. you brats are all spoiled silly these days..
why in *MY* day we didn''t have any of these "programming languages"
no perl, c++, c, or even asm !
hell, we set jumper switches manually!
why.. we would have killed for opcodes !!!

*big wide, ridiculously silly grin*

To Fluffe:

Danish a beutiful language ??? What are you on dude..

Just compare these two sentences:

ENGLISH: "Freeze you lowlife motherfucker !!!"

DANISH: "Frys dit afskum af en moderknepper !!!"

My point has been proven..Danish sucks...but it works..

BTW. What do you do? I mean do you have any experience in network programming ?? Do you have a passion for making games ?

Edited by - granat on February 2, 2001 9:58:20 AM

We should not discriminate against people because of race, creed, sex, sexual preference, language choice, etc. Now I''m automatically in the mainstream of America because I do not recognize individuals - can I be confirmed as Secretary of Game Development?

There wasn´t any programming before numbers were invented! And anyway nobody created the numbers! It is imposiible no to exist math! Math exist by the own existing of something! even if there was nothing, math would. What a contradiction! But it´s true somehow! Oh, then: If anything other than math existed, math would still exist! Man this is kinda obvious! Then , math is autosuficcient! It exists by itself and over!

import money.*;
#include "cas.h"
uses bucks;

Rockslave, your assignment:

Look up the word "joke". Write a 3 page essay on the meaning of the word "joke" and the application thereof on most of the posts of this thread. Do so while eating triscuits or some other food high in fiber.

Thank you.

-fel

This, by the way, is also a joke.

I wrote Quake on an abacus. Beat that
I wrote Qbasic on a abacus, used it to write a C++ compiler,and wrote quake in it. There, beat that :-).
www.laeuchli.com/jesse/