C++ better than Fortran??

Started by
27 comments, last by Buster 23 years, 2 months ago
We should not discriminate against people because of race, creed, sex, sexual preference, language choice, etc. Now I''m automatically in the mainstream of America because I do not recognize individuals - can I be confirmed as Secretary of Game Development?
Advertisement
There wasn´t any programming before numbers were invented! And anyway nobody created the numbers! It is imposiible no to exist math! Math exist by the own existing of something! even if there was nothing, math would. What a contradiction! But it´s true somehow! Oh, then: If anything other than math existed, math would still exist! Man this is kinda obvious! Then , math is autosuficcient! It exists by itself and over!

import money.*;
#include "cas.h"
uses bucks;
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;
Rockslave, your assignment:

Look up the word "joke". Write a 3 page essay on the meaning of the word "joke" and the application thereof on most of the posts of this thread. Do so while eating triscuits or some other food high in fiber.

Thank you.

-fel

This, by the way, is also a joke.
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
The bit about triscuits was particularly funny
&ltwipes tears from his eyes>

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I wrote Quake on an abacus. Beat that
I wrote Qbasic on a abacus, used it to write a C++ compiler,and wrote quake in it. There, beat that :-).
www.laeuchli.com/jesse/
I invented technology, but not before I invented religion.

w00t! first poster on page 2!

Edited by - Zipster on February 11, 2001 2:12:17 AM
Real Programmers recode their kernel from scratch twice a week.
With notepad. And none of thhat fancy schmancy whitespace crap, either.

''''A bird in hand is safer than one overhead''''
"There is only one everything"
quote:Original post by laeuchli

I wrote Quake on an abacus. Beat that
I wrote Qbasic on a abacus, used it to write a C++ compiler,and wrote quake in it. There, beat that :-).
www.laeuchli.com/jesse/

I made an abacus using twigs and rocks, which I then used to program an hourglass, which I used to invent time. Then I used the abacus to program a diode to make an LED calculator to perform the math needed to program the kernel to Xenix.
With which I then programmed Doom V in Super Stellar 3D mode, 20 years ago.

How''s that? :D
(I''m sure it''s a little flawed though, the monsters have a tendency to strangle you through the Virtual Reality generator. NOTE TO SELF: I''ve got to remember to make them a little more afraid of the viewport.)

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka
I can't beat that. I am truly in the presecne of an abacus master. But hey, abacus are a bit to easy for real programers :-). Real programmers use bits of rock to keep track of their numbers. Multitaksing is using more then one set of rocks. Have I shown you my Quake36 writen with my rock set? No?Maybe some other time :-).

Edited by - laeuchli on February 13, 2001 2:07:09 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement