C++ better than Fortran??

Started by
27 comments, last by Buster 23 years, 2 months ago
Anyone else gettting sick of these stupid topics about which language is "better"?
Advertisement
i do espesially since everyone knows fortran is better
Fortrans crap. Scheme is the only way to go!
**HUMOR WARNING**
** The Jester General has proclaimed the following paragraph to be a joke. It is only a joke. People lacking a sense of humor should NOT ingest the following. **

All you young whippersnappers yappin' about C++ and FORTRAN, why, in my day we used ones and zeros, and them there ones were in short supply those days they were, and we had run around flipping them switches ourselves, I tell ya, no fancy-schmancy transistors to do yer work for ya! That was real programming! Uphill in the snow, too!

** This has been a joke. Please continue with your regularly scheduled thread reading. **

*grin*

-fel

EDIT: *rolls her eyes skyward* better?
NOTE: I'm not mad. The warning is a joke too. Breathe.

Edited by - felisandria on February 1, 2001 3:53:48 PM
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
I bet you didn''t have any water back in the day either, so you had to put the molecules together yourself :p
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I would suggest using QBasic! ;-)

Kneelz
Sorry, felisandria... it was smoething you could expect from me, since I have a fucking BAD English... So how did you want me to know what grin means?? I still don´t know... Anyway I´m starting a topic ´bout that! Man, what an ignorance of mine! Of course they didn´t flip the switches myself. Since you can definetely understand english.

Edited by - rockslave on February 9, 2001 12:40:42 PM
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;
I don''t need to tell I agree with you Buster, do I?

import money.*;
#include "cas.h"
uses bucks;
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;
FORTRAN, definetely FORTRAN...
Just beacuse is has "power" operator: n**2
Um, rockslave, jeez, couldn''t you tell I was totally joking? If the post wasn''t obvious enough at least note the "*grin*".

Personally my first programming language was TI BASIC. I didn''t learn assembly until after I learned C++.

Deep breaths, bud.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement