• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GLSL and GL_LINE_SMOOTH strange behaviour

This topic is 4308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I bumped into a strange anomaly: When using GLSL and enabling GL_LINE_SMOOTH I get a massive slowdown, and the rendering gets messed up completely. A dark colored grid appears on the screen, like way back during the days of of 16-color graphics where if you wanted to make a color darker, put every other pixel of that color black. To test that the problem was in the line smoothing, I used the GLSL example found at CodeSampler.com and just added a line glEnable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH); This image is of the rendering before enabling the GL_LINE_SMOOTH This image is of the rendering after enabling the GL_LINE_SMOOTH, and my FPS dropped to 0.1 I have a ATI Radeon X800 PRO, with the newest drivers (Catalyst 6.3). In applications that do not use GLSL the GL_LINE_SMOOTH works like it should. Is this a known problem, and is there any way around it? I need my lines to be smooth :( Thanks for any help. Cheers Rados

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement