• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rados

GLSL and GL_LINE_SMOOTH strange behaviour

This topic is 4580 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I bumped into a strange anomaly: When using GLSL and enabling GL_LINE_SMOOTH I get a massive slowdown, and the rendering gets messed up completely. A dark colored grid appears on the screen, like way back during the days of of 16-color graphics where if you wanted to make a color darker, put every other pixel of that color black. To test that the problem was in the line smoothing, I used the GLSL example found at CodeSampler.com and just added a line glEnable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH); This image is of the rendering before enabling the GL_LINE_SMOOTH This image is of the rendering after enabling the GL_LINE_SMOOTH, and my FPS dropped to 0.1 I have a ATI Radeon X800 PRO, with the newest drivers (Catalyst 6.3). In applications that do not use GLSL the GL_LINE_SMOOTH works like it should. Is this a known problem, and is there any way around it? I need my lines to be smooth :( Thanks for any help. Cheers Rados

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!