• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Programming in Python

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everyone, Im new to programming I took a C++ class about 2 years ago but felt overwhelmed a little so recently I have been expirementing in Python, and love its simplicity, and I know it isnt as fast as C++ my question is would I be able to program a fully playable game in Python (what I would like to make is a horse racing game sort of like Derby Owners Club, I know this will take time)? Thanks in advance!!!

Advertisement
Yes. In fact, you might want to use a neat little thing called PyGame.

[Edited by - jfclavette on April 6, 2006 4:45:40 PM]

Yes, but you'll be a little limited. You won't be doing any complex 3d collision detection, physics, or anything like that. For some simple game logic driving a graphics API is native code, Python is more than adequate.

Quote:
Original post by jonahrowley
Yes, but you'll be a little limited. You won't be doing any complex 3d collision detection, physics, or anything like that. For some simple game logic driving a graphics API is native code, Python is more than adequate.

I beg to differ ;)

panda3d: fully function 3D application library. Used for Disney's toontown online.
pyogre: python binding for Ogre. What else is there to say?
pyode: python binding to Open Dynamics Engine, a popular physics package.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement