i need free images

Started by
12 comments, last by Programmer16 18 years ago
I would like to help you out, what do you need actually? I can make them for you but be specific, also give ideas too.
Advertisement
I've found that if I don't have an artist, the best thing to do is choose a style that doesn't require an artist to look good.

If you don't like that idea, you can always check Help Wanted, or even a nearby school that specializes in computer art. You may be able to find a student that is interested in doing it for the experience, or possibly (depending on the program) for some type of class credit (for example, a replacement for part of their weekly portfolio).

If all else fails, you can always fall back on the first option: choosing a style that doesn't require an artist.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Quote:Original post by Irolan
I have the same problems, I'm searching for sprites for my RPG (8-directional walking). Specifically forest animals, like hares, deers, boars and so on.
I tried Google, and also the links I found here, but didn't find anything suitable (the best stuff I found on google were 4-directional sprites that were way too small and stylized).
Just a suggestion here, not meant to be smart ass or anything. Wouldn't the easier approach be to not code a game that requires assets you can't possibly find?

There is a site called Polycount.com that contains thousands of free models to download. You can use these in a program you created to take pictures of them in various poses and then use those as your 8 way sprites. Then if you want to release your game, get permission from all the model authors.

You could always use placer graphics until you can find an artist. For the 8 direction RPG, download rpgDS's IMP (initial media package). They include an 8 direction template (looks like a wooden model.) Its not the best, but it looked better than anything I could do and I wasn't stopped because I didn't have graphics.

As for 4 directional RPGs, go to www.gamingw.net and look under the resources section for RPGMaker sprites. If its your first game, I'd really recommend 4 directional rpg; 8 directional RPGs add a lot of problems.

Anyway, what are you making that will require models, textures, and sprites?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement