Pitching a game idea

Started by
10 comments, last by Pseudo 23 years, 2 months ago
What''s so horrible about a gaming company taking pride in their success? They are number one. Sales prove it.

If they were saying "we''re number one and you all suck!" then I''d side with you.

They aren''t rejecting anyone because they''re too good for you. Which they may be. If you were as good as you say they''d hire you. Send them an application. I did. And when they said I didn''t qualify that just motivated me to work harder. I respect their work enough to know that they know what they''re doing.

They''re rejecting you outright because corporate policy dictats. They have no choice but to blow you off unless you work for them. I''d say you''re arrogent to think your game is so cool a company would be have to be "arrogent" not to look at it. What you think is good may in fact really suck.

Think of it from their perspective. They can look at it and tell you it sucks and then you hate them. They can look at it and think "it''s got some good ideas" and use real programmers to make your ideas better and never have to hire you.

Try sending it to any other game company out there and see what kind of reaction you get. Then start sending resumes instead. They''re far more effective. A professional programmer can tell how good you are just by talking to you. And if they reject you it means you''re not good enough. And the only thing you can do is get a better education.

If you really want your game out go with Crystal Interactive. They''ll take most anything.

Ben
http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com

Advertisement
You cannot judge a game/book/song/movie/whatever by the sales. Marketing and circumstances have a much higher effect on sales than quality.

By saying they are number one they are saying they are better than anyone else, they are COMPARING themselves to everybody else in the world and saying they are better (therefore everyone else is worse), that is arrogance, they are not even saying "we''re great" or "one of the bests".

"If you were as good as you say they''d hire you."
I never said I was good or bad at anything and in no way I''m interested in being hired.

"I''d say you''re arrogent to think your game is so cool a company would be have to be "arrogent" not to look at it."
I don''t think that my game is so cool...blah blah blah.
Where do you get that from? Before you said I said something that I didn''t and now that I think something that I don''t think.

"They can look at it and tell you it sucks and then you hate them"
No, I wouldn''t hate them. Third thing about me that exists only in your mind. You are assuming a lot of things based on nothing.

"use real programmers to make your ideas better"
Forth, YOU DON''T KNOW ME, how could you know that they would make ideas I may have better.

"start sending resumes instead. They''re far more effective"
I don''t want a job, do you get the difference between publishing something you made or working for someone making something?

"A professional programmer can tell how good you are just by talking to you."
Ok, as a professional programmer here is my opinion about you: [censored][censored][censored][censored]

"And if they reject you it means you''re not good enough."
Or that the one who rejects you is not good enough to appreciate that you may actually be good enough. Einstein''s special relativity theory was rejected by almost everybody, Van Gogh''s paintings were rejected by everybody at his time. You''re watching the reality from a simplistic point of view.

And Sierra is still arrogant, period.
And end of discussion, this is boring.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement