• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
andy_boy

playback problems

This topic is 4633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason I'm having problems with playing animations and video on my pc. Everything worked fine until this week. I've tried updating my video card drivers and installed the latest dx runtime but the playback keeps pausing and then playing. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
Are you coding the playback routines yourself or is this just a general playback question for like RealPlayer, WMP, Winamp, etc? If the latter, I would imagine this thread belongs in the lounge. If the former, we neep more details like coding environment, OS, API, etc.

-AJ

Quote:
Original post by u235
Are you coding the playback routines yourself or is this just a general playback question for like RealPlayer, WMP, Winamp, etc? If the latter, I would imagine this thread belongs in the lounge. If the former, we neep more details like coding environment, OS, API, etc.

-AJ

Its a playback problem. When I do the dxdiag tests for ddraw and d3d the animation keeps pausing and then resuming. This also happens with quicktime and windows media player.

Look at your task manager and make sure you don't have a program(s) eating up excessive CPU cycles.

-AJ

Quote:
Original post by u235
Look at your task manager and make sure you don't have a program(s) eating up excessive CPU cycles.

-AJ

Thing is how do I figure out which ones are needed like for security and those that are not.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!