• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

FBO and FP buffers

This topic is 4461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just looked throught "MOGLGP" book and noticed Dave covers the FPBuffers and got me to thinking about the FBO extension. As of now I am not using a FPbuffer, but with FBO's would the RTT be affected and actually render to a GL_RGB32F_ARB texture type? I am just curious as to how I can get the best precision out of the buffers and RTT for shadowing, reflections ect... Thanks

Advertisement
I'm reasonably sure you can render just fine to a RGB32F texture; of course, a large RGB32F texture is going to take up a lot of texture memory. At any rate, I've had no problems rendering to a RGB16F texture.

Quote:
Original post by mhamlin
I'm reasonably sure you can render just fine to a RGB32F texture; of course, a large RGB32F texture is going to take up a lot of texture memory. At any rate, I've had no problems rendering to a RGB16F texture.

So when you render to your RGB32F or RGB16F texture the precision is the same with or without the FP buffers you setup in the new wglPixelFormat()? That is what I am wondering... Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!