just...have...no clue where to start

Started by
30 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 18 years ago
I am just getting started in game programming. I know da libertybasic, html, &#106avascript, a little java, and am trying to figure out c and c++. What I need is a good game making engine and I do not want to hear Gamemaker tried it and it's easy but the outcome is dissapointing. I am hoping on the engine to be free. Please help me out.
Advertisement
Generally, using a game engine requires knowing a programming language (often C or C++).
I know the languages listed above;can you give me a link to any good game development engines?
lo?
Quote:Original post by brandonman
lo?

This is not a chat room. This is a forum. It is customary to wait 24 hours before bumping a thread.

Anyway, first of all, I doubt there are many game engines in the languages you listed (and definitely none in HTML). Before you get a game engine, you should make sure you learn the language you are going to use well. It is also a good idea to make a few games without using a pre-made game engine.
any tutorials on it?
Quote:Original post by brandonman
any tutorials on it?

Any tutorials on what?
making a game with out the editor i guess. I hope you kknow where to find some
OK, so you want to use a game engine. Well, the majority of the game engines are written in C/C++, and if you aren't completely familiar with C/C++, I suggest you learn C/C++ before you attempt game programming. It makes it twice as hard if you are not only trying to learn the graphics library, but trying get a better understanding of the languge. Also, you should check out this discussion we were having before: http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=77469
"The first person to succeed is the first person to make 100 mistakes."See MY 100 mistakes atRightOn.ThruHere.net
I didn't see much there. All I saw was a tutorial on openGL and it only had how to install on mac:( If pausable people, I need a different discussion or tutorial on beginning game programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement