just...have...no clue where to start

Started by
30 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 18 years ago
Quote:Original post by brandonman
making a game with out the editor i guess. I hope you kknow where to find some

What do you mean "without the editor?" If you mean without a programming language, any such system will be rather limited and/or difficult to use.

Also, programming languages are independent of the editor you use, similar to how English is independent of what type of paper or writing utensil you use.
Advertisement
I'll check out the area in the programming book I have, although it doesn't help that much. I have a C++/C compiler but kind of hard to get aquanted with. I'm gonna try diving back in for a while and I'll tell you results. Please post any tutorials you may find though.
I meant the game making engine
Quote:Original post by brandonman
I didn't see much there. All I saw was a tutorial on openGL and it only had how to install on mac:( If pausable people, I need a different discussion or tutorial on beginning game programming.

OpenGL doesn't really require any installation (unless you are updating your drivers).

Also, I'd recommend learning Python.
downloading python at the moment. Im gonna check back into OpenGL since I don't need to install
bah, It didn't download right. I'm just gonna go with the openGL for now. I'll go to the tutorial and then be back.
I'll probably be called dumb, but where do I get the openGL compilers? I'll try googling maybe.
would ANYONE happen to have any other tutorials for me?
If you are reasonably conversant in Java, you might want to check out the Lightweight Java Game Library. It was used successfully on at least one IGF project I believe. Don't feel obligated to learn C++ just because it's the most common language on these boards (unless of course you are trying to get a job in the industry). You will have more options, certainly, but the options for other languages are far from non-existant.
-david
Moving to For Beginners.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement