• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
myleo

the texture problem of shadowmap

This topic is 4428 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I try to implement the shadow effect right now. But I have encountered one big problem which nearly made me depressed. The problem can be described below: I study the technique document and code from OpoenGL SuperBile Third Edition--Shadow Map. I creat a scene which is made up of geometric models(some torus which are red) and DEM terrain. When I render the terrain with color which depends on the height, I get the right result-- the shadow on the torus and terrain. But when I use a terrain texture, the shadow is lost, and when I change the texture matrix, I find that this can not solve this problem. Why? [Edited by - myleo on April 10, 2006 7:14:30 PM]

Advertisement
when I google the demos of PSM, LiSPSM, TSM and CSM, I cannot find a demo using more than one texture ( include the depth map texture), all of them render the models with color.
Is there some links with better demos?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!