• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Doggan

Source Code Statistics?

This topic is 4515 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to find a tool that will count # of lines of code, # of classes/structs, # of files... I just downloaded some project from SourceForge called CodeCounter... and it completely sucks. Crashes half the time. It's recursive directory parsing is foobared. Ugh. I've used some tool before that was actually built in to VC++. Anyone have some links to a free tool that will do what I need? This is for C++ btw. Thanks :)

Advertisement
SLOCCount is the great granddaddy of all useless but impressive-sounding source code size statistic generators - it will go through a whole directory, count everything, and make a little table explaining how totally awesome you are. Unix-y command line thing, but runs fine using cygwin with minimal fiddling.

WndTabs.com's Line Counter (used to be called Project Line Counter, seems to be just Line Counter now...) is simpler but plugs straight into VS. Goes through your solution or project, rather than a directory.

Both will give you the number of lines of code of various types and number of files, but I don't think they count data types and such. Doxygen might do it somehow... it can make a list, at the very least.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!