Free C++ Compiler for Win32?

Started by
3 comments, last by LessBread 18 years ago
Greetings, I was wondering is there any free C++ for win32, that does not require any external utilities and is Microsoft .LIB compatible? Why am I saying this? Borland C++ compiler uses a different stnadnard of libraries (.lib) and will not compile with DirectX. In Borland C++ Builder there was a conversion utility but that is not what I am aiming for. GCC requires "Cygwin". I do NOT WANT CYGWIN (I'm not sure about MINIGW). I have seen intel compiler in an company and you could start it just like that. And it was Micro$oft .LIB compilant - no conversions what-so-ever. I allready have the free compiler from Micro$oft which you get from the platform SDK. I would like an alternative, for backup - C++ standard checkup. I would like to compile WIN32 DirectX projects from command line. A lib compiler is also required. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Despite showing that you don't want help by using the offensive misspelling of Microsoft, I'm gonna be nice and help you out:

Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 - Free compiler, but IDE not included
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - Free compiler and IDE, takes some work to set up
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Thank you, but I allready have the Platform SDK Compiler and also the one year free express edition of Visual C++ 2005.

I am seeking for a free alternative.
Quote:Original post by Samurai Jack
Thank you, but I allready have the Platform SDK Compiler and also the one year free express edition of Visual C++ 2005.

I am seeking for a free alternative.
Express Editions are free permanently, but are only downloadable for one year from the date they were made available.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Have you looked at Dev-C++?

I think Pelles C accepts MS libs, but it's a straight C compiler, C99 but no C++ support.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement