Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rapsey

TOTWGPG example doesnt work

Rapsey    122
chapter 7, example12 i have a gf2 with win2000 and i get a blank screen, i tried it on a friends computer who has gf1 and win98 and he also got a blank screen, wtf?? here is the part of the code that displays the 24bit image: [soure] // lock the primary surface lpddsprimary->Lock(NULL,&ddsd, DDLOCK_SURFACEMEMORYPTR | DDLOCK_WAIT,NULL); // get video pointer to primary surfce DWORD *primary_buffer = (DWORD *)ddsd.lpSurface; // process each line and copy it into the primary buffer for (int index_y = 0; index_y < SCREEN_HEIGHT; index_y++) { for (int index_x = 0; index_x < SCREEN_WIDTH; index_x++) { // get BGR values UCHAR blue = (bitmap.buffer[index_y*SCREEN_WIDTH*3 + index_x*3 + 0]), green = (bitmap.buffer[index_y*SCREEN_WIDTH*3 + index_x*3 + 1]), red = (bitmap.buffer[index_y*SCREEN_WIDTH*3 + index_x*3 + 2]); // this builds a 32 bit color value in A.8.8.8 format (8-bit alpha mode) DWORD pixel = _RGB32BIT(0,red,green,blue); // write the pixel primary_buffer[index_x + (index_y*ddsd.lPitch >> 2)] = pixel; } // end for index_x } // end for index_y // now unlock the primary surface if (FAILED(lpddsprimary->Unlock(NULL))) return(0); [/source] and the one that displays the 8bit pic doesnt work either.

draqza    122
quote:
Original post by tryforfulluse

maybe your just not smart enough

that was evil...
--

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software