• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SeiferAlmasy

DELPHI, DIRECTX AND FORCE FEEDBACK

This topic is 4508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This will prob. be the last tiem I enquire about this particular problem. I have tried my hardest to get soem information elsewhere but no luck. I have been told I need to download Directx headers or SDK? I have no idea where to get it (I use delphi 4) , how to install it or how to use it. Delphix (force feedback) doesn't seem to work at all with USB controllers and I am told that using API comamnds can do it. Unfortunately I have no idea has said how to do it. All I need is code that will initiate a short 1 second burst of rumble on joypads with force feedback support. Actually I have yet to see any joypad work with Directx force feedback. Its incredible that after all this time noone seems to ahve fixed the issue..but its free so I shouldn't moan Thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
bump

DirectX headers : http://www.clootie.ru/delphi/index.html
If you need to use Directinput: directinput.pas, I have it if you need it.
just put the .pas files in your game directory. Also the DLL's.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thankyou very much...and now since I have absolutely no idea how to use the API's have you a snippit of code there that could invoke a 0.5 second cinstant ruble effect on my joypad?

I know this is asking you to do everything for me but I have absolutely no idea where to start :)

Thanks

Oh yeah also, I will need only code and pas files that are actually needed to make the rumble effect possible. So if I need Directinput.pas please send it (i thought it came with the jedi headers?)

A simple Google of 'direct input delphi' returns several places you can download the DirectX SDK for Delphi (which you will need all of).

Yeah I now have them, sadly its like buying a pair of trainers if you don't know what they are for. I need examples of actual code that invokes force feedback. I have searched all over google , each time nothing except a reference to buying a book which would probably stil not help me.

Does anyone have a snall section of code that will make rumble work? I am also in discussion witht he undelphix creators etc, in the hope they can fix the lack of support for usb controllers in delphix

I suppose a quicker idea would be if anyone knows why my USB controller isn't woring with forcefeedback with delphix?

Just curious, is there ANYONE here who has force feedback working with delphix?

Guest Anonymous Poster
You should ask in the forum for this web site:

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/

There are a lot people there who used to use delphix.

Suggest: if you search in google sample code about force feedback you should not include "delphi" or "pascal" word as part of your citeria, this will give you sample code in C++ and VB (which is more commun to found), the directx commands and parameters are the same whatever language programming you are using so it should be enough to help you to implement the same in delphi language. If you are just looking where to copy/paste code then it is a litle more difficult.

good luck.

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.paradoxalpress.com/Docs/DX9_out/Creating_an_Effect.htm

does that look correct for C++ etc?

Cause even though I have the headers in delphi installed, I don't have a clue where abouts to insert it :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!