Mr. Gamemaker BSP Tut's

Started by
38 comments, last by Verminaard 23 years, 2 months ago
They seem to be down for some reason so could someone please zip them up and email them to me? Thx. Tut 2 is the one i really need.
-------------I am a Juggalo.
Advertisement
please don''t disrespect the COPYRIGHTS which accompany any of the tutorials, if they have been taken down they have been taken down for a reason, although the copyright statement clearly states that re-distribution is strictly prohibited under any circumstances.
(mr-gamemaker terms and conditions page)

Please.. if you have found any of the tutorial authors helpful, then do them a favour now by not unlawfully redistributing their material.

Thank you

Gary Simmons
Those copyrights are there so that people can not
redistribute their work and claim credit for it.
Obviously I know who''s work they are. I also had both of
them but accidently deleted them (while reformatting
comp). So someone please help me out here.
You know, Verminaard, Gary (Gazza) is the guy who runs Mr. Gamemaker. I think he knows why the copyright notice is there and what it means

GamesToGO: The Console Gamer''s Paradise
Ah, I see. Sorry then, but could you pray tell us, Gary, why the tuts went down?
Verminaard,

Can i just ask a question, if that is what copyrights are for, does that mean I can burn a copy of the number one album in the music album charts, and distribute it ? I''m not trying to pass it off as my own work after all, I know who made it

Don''t get me wrong i''m not getting at you here, I just found your statement strange =). Ok so it''s not illegal/immoral to own a copy of the tutorials when they were there for you to download for no charge, but you are in fact asking someone else to breach the copyright laws by distributing it to you. (This would be the case whether the tutorials had been removed or not, as stated in the terms of service)

As far as why the tutorials were removed, we unfortunately can''t discuss that at the moment, but rest assured as soon as we can, we''ll be mentioning it on the Mr-GameMaker BBS =)

Adam
The whole thing i don''t like is when people take things too literally. When I look at your copyright''s for not letting others redistibute your files I can understand the reason behind them: you dont want others to claim credit for your work (since you hand it out for free you aren''t going to lose money, unless there''s something to do with sponsors of the page..i dont know). However, it seemed that in the situation I was in, I understood and respected the makers, and even though someone giving the files to me was a legal breach of the copyright''s it wouldn''t be a breach of the reason behind the copyright''s.

With the music artist: yes, I believe it would be okay to do so if the artists were giving away the cd''s free to anyone who wanted em (which is like what you are doing)

It seems however that there must be another underlying reason you don''t want the files distributed, the same reason they were taken down. Perhaps someone is saying the tuts are in their book or something?..

asdfdh. sorry, dont have the time to edit the above to make sense, im getting very tired writing this post^^
I''m glad I download any good tutorials I see so I can view them offline. Those are some really good ones. Do you think he copied too much code or something from somebody else?

*** Triality ***
*** Triality ***
Zerwit,

No, I didnt copy ANY code from anybody else and the tutorials have not been taken down because I am in any sort of trouble or anything like that.

Geez, everybody thinks im being sued for something.

Verminaad:
When it has taken me 3 months to figure out PVS and write the tutorial and then GIVE it away for free, i think i am entitled to take my copyright literally. Surely it is not too much to ask after all the work I put in to those tutorials.

I really can not discuss why the tutorials have been taken down atm BUT the copyright was their so that people would only be able to download it from mr-gamemaker.com

I really don''t think its too much to ask that if i write 200 pages of information and give it away for FREE, that asking them to come to my website ONLY to download it is too much too ask.

This is a little off topic now anyway, because atm the tutorials can not be downloaded from the site,but the copyrights do still stand, not just for my own tutorials, but for all the authors who write tutorials on my site.

Gary Simmons
Gazza,
So the tutorials are not just down while they are updated to DirectX 8 then? Any word on when you might be able to get them back up, even if it''s vague?

You have to admit that looking in from the outside, it probably seems a bit odd that you are so possessive of something which you are giving away free in the first place, even if you are totally entitled to be so. If you don''t want the copyright broken, you could send tutorial 2 to Verminaard yourself, afterall he has already downloaded it and only lost it by accident.

Don''t take offense though, I have tutorials (although poor ones ) on my site and I''d hate to see them turn up on someone elses site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement