Donating to Xgames? Swindle?

Started by
1 comment, last by Nicole Poster 23 years, 2 months ago
Someone in the forum Business of Game Development said something that is true, xgames keep 50% of the sales and they only publish through other companies (egames/valusoft/gt value) which means that they are like agents, there''s no reason for an agent keeping 50%, and online publishing just means to sign free with digital river / regnow.com / ccnow.com but there''s no risk or money needed or dealing with retailers, and definitely promotion does not justify either 50%. Now, with that background, is there any guarantee that the money donated will be used to pay lawyers to protect the rights of small developers against the monopolization of Hasbro or that money may just end up in Andre''s pockets? Is there ANY guarantee? At least they could make public through a website how much EACH person donated (with real or fake name) and the total and how that money is being used in detail. Please don''t get me wrong, I''m not saying that it is a swindle (but I may be thinking it), it''s just that to ask for donations you should show all the information. We are in a world where people do ANYTHING for money, somebody asking money to help us is just suspicious.
Advertisement
Andre''s legal bills are in the tens of thousands of dollars. I doubt he will keep anything for himself. So far, he has spent his personal money to defend these games! If anything the swindle runs the other way: Andre is fighting for the small developer with his own personal funds.

Andre is well-known in the industry by other developers. It''s not easy to get your game published, you have to know people in the industry. Andre helps unknown developers get published, and he''s very fair on the royalties, more fair than most.

I would know. Our company, Webfoot Technologies, was involved in the same lawsuit and the legal bills were tremendous. I guarantee that Andre is not profiting from this experience, the mere suggestion of that is a little funny. :-)

So don''t worry, it''s legit.

http://www.webfootgames.com/
André is well known in the industry and it''s not a swindle.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement