Sign in to follow this  
zombiedude

DEV CPP vs Visual C++ (.net)

zombiedude    122
Hi, I didn't quite know where to post this, so I figured this was a good place. Right now I installed Dev C++ to program. But at school and other locations, I have access to visual c++, .net version. I've written my code initially in visual and using opengl. I later then used dev c++ at home. But when compiled, they yield a different output. So the question is: is the library files different so they yield different results? If so, where can I download some similar lib files for dev c++? Or is this a compiler issue, where they compile the code differently? Thanks in advance!

ktuluorion    393
Quote:
Original post by zombiedude
Hi,

I didn't quite know where to post this, so I figured this was a good place.

Right now I installed Dev C++ to program. But at school and other locations, I have access to visual c++, .net version. I've written my code initially in visual and using opengl. I later then used dev c++ at home. But when compiled, they yield a different output.

So the question is: is the library files different so they yield different results? If so, where can I download some similar lib files for dev c++?

Or is this a compiler issue, where they compile the code differently?

Thanks in advance!

Some compilers DO compile things differently, so that could be part of your problem. The best way to do things is to use proper C++ conventions at all times to avoid this.

And yes, the library files would have different extensions.

To be honest with you, i've never been much of a fan of Dev-C++... but that is of course a matter of preference.