Sign in to follow this  
TheOddMan

VS 2005 and winnt

So I've just downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2005 and decided to try it out. Compiled my current project and got a load of errors. I've corrected all but 80 of them (I was actually impressed with the new compiler up to this point). The problem is there seems to be something wrong with the 'winnt.h' file included with VS8. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong, I can't see Microsoft writing dodgy code. Does anyone know what I need to do to get my project to compile? The errors:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(222) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
P.S. Sorry if this has already been answered here, but I did a search and though there are other posts about this, none of them had a solution.

This is a problem with the include order. First, you should have the latest Platform SDK. Secondly: Go to Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories -> Include Files. PlatformSDK/VC/Includes should be first (or, at least before any includes that you entered yourself).

Edit: Here and and here are similar problems.