Game Programming Mags?

Started by
10 comments, last by xtr33me 18 years ago
I am new to this whole game programming world, and hooked. I just know that specialized hobbies and topics have magazines that are often unseen in stores. I was wondering if this is true of Game Programming also. I just wanted to know if there were any game programming mags out there that any of you would recommend a subscription too. Thanks!!
Advertisement
http://www.gdmag.com/homepage.htm

Only one I know of but it's good, I'm looking to sign up again when I get some spare cash. I have 4 years worth of their mags stores away :)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Cool Mike2343! Thanks greatly for the info. Going to go get my sub now.
Seems like they now offer a cheaper digital version.
Being a computer-based activity, there are alot more websites than there are magazines on it. Some popular websites are, of course, gamedev.net, Gamasutra(run by the people who do the magazine in posts above), and Game Programming Wiki.
Aye...the cheaper digital version is what roped me in. Should be getting my first issue in a little bit. Thanks for the website links also. Added to favorites. Now it is just getting all this code to stick in my mind. I have a long way to go and can't wait till this all one day comes together in this clouded mind of mine. But however this all goes I know it will be a stressfull path yet very enjoyable one. Thanks again all. You will slowly get to see me develop into a game programmer. I have already befriended Mountain Dew and Bawls...along with the ever so loved Espresso machine. See you all around the forum.
id rather have a physical magazine, thats the whole point of a magazine.
--------------------------------Dr Cox: "People are ***tard coated ***tards with ***tard filling."
Well I believe the point of GDMag is to deliver content. You can still print your digital version if you want to but you can also save trees by reading the content on your screen ;)

If you're new to the game programming world, you might also be interested by the Game Programming Gems books, the AI Wisdom books and / or the GPU Gems (couldn't find a link for this serie... I'm not a 3D programmer so I never even read one...)

Hope this helps

Eric
Quote:Original post by xEricx
or the GPU Gems (couldn't find a link for this serie...

linky
Don't they cost a lot? I've seen some that cost a LOT.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement