Multitexture Documentation

Started by
3 comments, last by dave j 18 years ago
I can't find any documentation for multitexturing in OpenGL. The specification includes a very vague description.
Quote:Multitexture adds support for multiple texture units. The capabilities of the multiple texture units are identical, except that evaluation and feedback are supported only for texture unit 0. Each texture unit has its own state vector which includes texture vertex array specification, texture image and filtering parameters, and texture environment application. The texture environments of the texture units are applied in a pipelined fashion whereby the output of one texture environment is used as the input fragment color for the next texture environment. Changes to texture client state and texture server state are each routed through one of two selectors which control which instance of texture state is affected. Multitexture was promoted from the GL ARB multitexture extension.
Advertisement
Try this
http://www.kraftwrk.com/multi_texturing.htm

Google is your friend! ;)
Thanks!

I had found a few tutorials. I was wondering about a reference.

I just can't believe the horrible state of OpenGL documentation. Do I have to buy a hard copy to get the latest reference?
Quote:Original post by Boder
Thanks!

I had found a few tutorials. I was wondering about a reference.

I just can't believe the horrible state of OpenGL documentation. Do I have to buy a hard copy to get the latest reference?

Yeah buy the newest "Red Book and Orange Book" they are worth owning if you are serious about OpenGL...
You're in luck, Addison-Wesley have the texture mapping chapter of the red book available for download on their web site. here.

As MARS_999 said, getting your own copies of the red and orange books is definitely worthwhile.

dave j

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement