Sign in to follow this  

[web] forums

This topic is 4257 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a website and I want to add forums. Does anyone know of any good tutorials on it? I've googled alot. I know the html, javascript, and some java if it's useful.

There are plenty of prebuilt forum systems. check out phpBB or vBulliten if you have the money. Both of these, and most other forum systems, require a database like MS SQL or MySQL. If you want to roll your own system, you'll need to know something like PHP or Perl (though I've heard of forums written in other languages) and know how to query a database.

There's PHP, if you want to build your own, but believe me - it takes time to code a full featured forum in PHP all by yourself. I suggest as the others, pre-built forums like phpBB or vBulletin.

Simple Machine Forum is really good, powerful and free forum. I strongly recomment it. Here the link: http://www.simplemachines.org/

This topic is 4257 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.