SNES

Started by
21 comments, last by Homers Pal 17 years, 11 months ago
I'm sorry to ask frequent questions, but I have googled and searched forums but cannot find ANYTHING on programming for the SNES. Any places to START?
Advertisement
maybe there's a "super nintendo sdk". Are you serious about creating games for the actual snes? It would be easier to just create a game of that quality for use on the computer or a port to the Game Boy Advanced since there's known sdks for it.
NewbiesNetwork.com A place where newbies strive. :)
I want to create for the SNES.
There is no SDK. Get yourself a 65816 assembler and some documentation and get busy. You can start by looking here: http://www.zophar.net/tech/snes.html.
thanks for the tips, now I need to find the hardware to transfer to snes(maybe I'll try ebay)and I'll look for the cartriges on ebay too. If I can't find 'em there I will check google. thank you
You don't need cart equipment now (if ever). There are tools available to run your code on PCs. Dealing with hardware is just going to be an extra expense, and an extra thing to work through before you can see results; I would not recommend worrying about it.

Once you're able to get an actual SNES application you've written running on the PC, then you can worry about the hardware issues if you really want to.
I don't think you know what your getting yourself into!
Quote:Original post by Cubed3

something i find more interesting.. how about a SDK or some documentation for created games for the original NES. anything out there?
heh
Quote:Original post by Cubed3

yea I do.

Judging from your previous posts.. No you don't :-P

Your going to just burn yourself out and quit programming for a while.
AKA Do not attempt!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement