Sign in to follow this  
Cubed3

Falling Blocks!

Cubed3    156
Yes we all know you have 20 different Tetris Clones on your computer. Well here is another one! Image hosting by Photobucket And yes the Score is in binary! Download Update: 4/18/2006 Added in Decimal/Hexadecimal scoring Fixed bugs Changed board size to 10x24! Any Feedback welcome, and I mean ANY! [Edited by - Cubed3 on April 20, 2006 12:08:59 PM]

DeadXorAlive    535
Nice work. Some feedback for you:

- i like the gradient tetraminos, but they are not really consistent in that sometimes you can see all the squares they are made of, and sometimes it's just one piece or something in between (you know what I mean right?).
- score in binary: a bit geeky, but now if you could make it a bit (ARGH THE PUN!) more readable and put it in hex and decimal as well then I'd have a fun way to learn this stuff for once.
- levels? speed increase? start more slowly and speed up after so many lines or points.
- the music doesn't loop. some sound effects would be cool. (and option to turn it all off)

Cubed3    156
Thanks!
1- I know what your talking about! I know how to fix it too, lots of lines of codes is the answer :-P
2- Thats a good idea :D
3- The speed increases depending on your score and you get the highest amount of points for taking out the most lines in one go.
4- Yah =( It is supposed to loop but I accidently left it on only one loop when I built it, ill have that changed tonight. Sounds effects are coming along with the option to mute/unmute.

DeadXorAlive    535
Ok, many lines of code is maybe not worth it then, it looks ok like this too.
So if you decide to do the hex, decimal, binary geek thing, would you bump it then or send me a p.m.? I always wanted to understand this stuff better and seeing it visually like this without falling asleep will help i think. Another option here is to have the user decide on the size of the variable (number of bits), command line option is fine for this.

Cubed3    156
Sure! Adding in Hex/Decimal form only means I have to code in a font manager.

As far as allowing the user to adjust the score size, thats a bit more tricky. Right now it is a 9 bit number with 512 as the highest possible value. You only get 1 point per line or 16 if you manage to take out 4 lines at once.

Its really hard to even get past 256 points in the game :-P

Cubed3    156
Updated!

Music Loops!
Press s to pause/unpause music
Press p to pause/unpause game!

Scores in Decimal/Hex/Binary at once coming tomorrow!

Sign in to follow this