Easter Avenger

Started by
4 comments, last by d h k 18 years ago
Easter Avenger is the second game of Questtracers, a platform game in wich we have to help Pascual, an easter egg, in the quest of the easter rabbit, who has killed to Pascual 's father, to take revenge! Special features: -> All graphics and musics had been made specially for the game -> 3 zones with 13 levels -> Bosses ! -> 5 different weapons -> 4 different powers Screenshots ------ http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/908/lev142uy.gif http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5885/lev240sl.gif Download link ----------- NEW MIRROR: http://www.gamenace.com/questtracers/downloads/EasterAvenger.zip http://www.academiarpg.com/personal/josepho/EasterAvenger.zip Thanks for playing!! :lol: Credits ------ Code, graphics and game design - Josepho Graphics - Damizean Music - Highwaydog special thanks - Lots of people included on the game credits haha PASSWORDS ---------------- Forest Lev2 - etree Forest Lev3 - eggxs Forest Lev4 - chung Forest Boss -cesta Caves Lev1 - caver Caves Lev2 - blues Caves Lev3 - oaspl Caves Lev4 - birds Caves Boss - rappa Dark City Lev1 - futur Dark City Lev2 - darks Final Boss - rabbi Cool facs --------- Over 5000 downloads (near to 10 000) 6th on caiman contest (6 of over 100 entrys, 250$) Lots of reviews in lots of sites of lots of countries Our web : http://www.questtracers.com Thanks for playing!!! We hope you enjoy the game
Advertisement
Haha! That's great. I really like the graphics and particulary mean looking main character. Great job. [grin]
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
This was by far my favorite in the competition. This game is so complete and polished, I can't believe it. I have to tell you that I would have put it first if I was a judge.

I've been on the last boss for a while. But it's kind of a PITA :) so I've given up on beating it.

My second favorite was untitled.
Yeah, untitled was very good ^_^

Thank you for the comments!
Hi, Im new to programming (a little more than a week) and I was owndering how long you've been programming? I want to make games like this, and I wanted to know how long of learning and pracitce it might take to come out with results like this.

I also wanted to know how long it took you guys to create this game?

BTW, looks great! I love the clouds! :)
Wow, this is one addicting game. Very good work!

Some suggestions:

- Make the intro skippable (I mean, the intro IS already skippable, but not the long logo and credits intro sequence).

- Start off in fullscreen -- it took me ages to find the F4 key for this. ;)

- Don't quit when the user presses ESC, go back to the main menu. It was really annoying once where I entered a password for the wrong level, had to push ESC and restart the game and watch the lengthy intro, logo and credits sequence again.

- Add a tutorial maybe? I had to try beating the first egg in the first level for a longer time and would always die because the bat was so hard to control at first. A tutorial could give one the needed exercise with maybe the bat and the pistol to shoot or hit stationary targets first. Additionally you should introduce the player to how the game slows down when you dodge an enemy bullet or how to use the upgrades (flying, jumping etc).

- Add more checkpoints, atleast for the last four or five levels. I dig your checkpoint with infinite respawns, but in some levels, respawning meant going back too far. Instead of two checkpoints, use three or four and the game would be a ton less frustrating.

- Make the edges of the level uncrossable. At the moment you can usually go back to the left after spawning in a level and go through the screen edge and fall down.

- Rethink some level design ideas. While some of the stuff there is great, other ideas were simply too much. For example the big wheels in the last two levels (can't remember which one it was now): they were great, but at times you got stuck or couldn't jump off from them. I had to redo the whole level three or four times until it would finally allow me to jump from the last wheel and not sticky me to the wheel until I feel down, died and was taken back to the beginning of the level. This is quite frustrating and should be avoided by all means. Additionally, in one of the cave levels, you had to use the feather flying upgrade to fly through tunnels. This was great, but it just kept on going. And everytime you died, you had to start over. I felt like this passage was simply too long. The other element I didn't enjoy was the water in the other cave level, but that may be simple preference by personal taste.

- Your game gets VERY hard after some levels. Really, maybe you could atleast add some easier levels inbetween or something.

That's about it, I hope you appreciate the constructive criticism and don't be fooled into thinking I am overly harsh at you. The game was great -- mindblowing, actually, better than anything I have ever produced. I just feel that with some of those minor changes mentioned above, it would make this game even better.

Congratulations, I can't wait for a new version (with more levels maybe?).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement