Sign in to follow this  
Wolvorine

In windowed mode Dx nothing is working

Wolvorine    122
First i tried to run my own application which i wrote in dx for windowed mode but it isnt work, then i checked one by one all the applications of dx but it alway gave an error. In full mode everything works fine... so can any one tell me what other reasons could be by which my dx window application is crasing down?? i checked even DXAppWizard but it works in full mode in windowed mode again crashed... I have DirectX9.0SDK , and OS is windows XP , display of desktop is 800X600 , with 24bit colors... Dx error came at Device Creation in windowed mode, and error Description by DXGetErrorString9 is ...D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.. And one things more is that when i run MeshViewer of Dx utility it just gave me a message of E_FAIL and then crashed down as well.... Thanks in advance

Wolvorine    122
no its not a solution for this problem , because in my old gfxl motherboard it had a builtin card and was the worse motherboard with card but it used to run these application easily... there must be something else.

any other clues , plz dx gurus help me...

Evil Steve    2017
Try running a few of the SDK samples. If they all fail in Windowed mode, then it's almost certainly your card / drivers. Try getting the most up to date drivers, and if that doesn't solve it, you're gonna have to get a new gfx card...