True Type Fonts

Started by
4 comments, last by Rob Loach 18 years ago
I've downloaded the SDL_ttf extension so I can use fonts on my game, but it didn't come with any fonts. Does my computer have any standard fonts in it I could use? (Windows XP) If not, is there a package I can download with a few different fonts, perforably free? Also, what are True type fonts, and how do they differ from regular fonts? I only know of two kinds of fonts: bitmap and true type. Are true type 'regular' fonts? (Such as those used in microsoft word) Thanks! ~Servant of the Lord~ Happy easter all! [edit:] Err... I put it in the wrong forum. Sorry.
Advertisement
See the Fonts directory in your Windows directory. Thats where windows keeps your font files. It could be that your windows uses a special representation in this directory, but there are ways you can just copy files out of there.

True Type fonts are the most common type yes. The Bitmap fonts are not as flexible as True Type fonts, but sometimes, in some cases they could be preferred.

EDIT: Oh and here is a site with some fonts on it. There are probably more sites like this one, but this is just one I know of.
Kind regards,
Pascal van der Heiden

CodeImp - My trademark and website
go to Control Panel. from start menu, change it to clasical view and go to fonts dir.
Look in %SYSTEM_ROOT%\fonts
Many thanks all!
You can freely distribute FreeSans.ttf, which is available here.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement