Sign in to follow this  

Trouble when compiling input and sound core

This topic is 4260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, When I compiled the input core it worked perfectly. But then, when I tried to compile the sound core (the input core had been uncommented), I got errors only from the Core_Input.h, 102 errors to be precise. Then I tried including both the input core and the sound core and I got 37 errors instead.
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2501: 'cSound::IDirectMusicPerformance8' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2501: 'cSound::m_pDMPerformance' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2501: 'cSound::IDirectMusicLoader8' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2501: 'cSound::m_pDMLoader' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(49) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
Thanks Wargrave

Looks like a problem with your headers. For some reason cSound isn't being defined.

Random stab in the dark: Your preprocessor include guards aren't the same symbol in two headers are they? I spent about an hour with a similar problem, then found it was this silly copy & paste bug.

In any case, it's not really a DirectX problem.

This topic is 4260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.