DirectX SDK Error (April 2006 release)

Started by
5 comments, last by vrok137 17 years, 12 months ago
Ok, I installed the April 2006 version of DirectX. Then I downloaded a sample tutorial from the Sample browser. The project compiled correctly without any errors, but then when I executed the project it said: "Cannot start because d3d10.dll was not found" Just on a side note, I was running this in VS 2005. I believe VS 2005 came with the platform SDK, so the problem may not lie there. Is there anyone that can help me fix this issue?
Advertisement
I haven't played with it yet but doesn't d3d10.dll require a beta version of Windows Vista to run on? If you have XP or earlier you cannot run it (my understanding).

Can you provide us more info (like OS)?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

I am currently running windows xp with service pack 2
Quote:Original post by Mike2343
I haven't played with it yet but doesn't d3d10.dll require a beta version of Windows Vista to run on? If you have XP or earlier you cannot run it (my understanding).

You are right D3D10.DLL is part of the Vista beta. As the final version of Direct3D 10 the preview will only work with Windows Vista.

OK then... I guess ill uninstall it then. So then that probably means I cannot use the december or febuary versions as well (since they use d3d10).

Oh well, good thing I have a live link for the October 2005 sdk, that one should still work for me since im on Windows xp with Directx 9.
A quick addon:

D3D10.DLL is only REQUIRED for D3D10 programs. The April SDK contains the D3D9 Libraries as well. You must have inadvertently compiled a D3D10 sample program. There is nothing wrong with using the SDK for D3D9 programs.

Regards,
Oh ok :D. I never realized that!! Thanks a bunch!!

I was fearing that I had to reinstall DirectX again.

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement