Sign in to follow this  

[MDX]I'm fed up with terrain

This topic is 4262 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I knew it was going to be hard, but I never thought I would have this much trouble rendering some terrain off a simple RAW file, especially with all the resources out there covering the topic. I've tried several different methods: All the articles on terrain rendering at The Code Project C-Unit's tutorial Riemer's tutorial And I am just about out of patience. And I know other's have been having success, so if anyone would be so kind, I humbly ask you to share your knowledge and help me out here. Thanks very much. -AJ NOTE: This is not to say that the methods presented in above mentioned tutorials/articles are bad, they just don't seem to be working for my particular situation. No offense is intended.

Hi,

I suppose the question would be, what are you wanting to get out of your heightmap that those tutorials aren't showing you?

I haven't looked at all of them (in fact i've only ever looked at the c-unit one) but the concept is pretty easy to grasp. What are you having difficulty with in particular?

Regards,
ViLiO

Many thanks for your reply, but I think I got the problem licked. What I was doing before was taking the info from the tutorials and inserting them in my code where they supposedly belonged. Just after posting this, however, I decided to try running the tutorial code, all by itself in it's own project and it loaded my heightmap without a hitch. Why that is I'll never know, but in any event, I am now extremely embarassed [grin] Why did I have to figure it out immediately after posting a post I posted out of desperatoin? Why God, why? Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

-AJ

I am glad you are making progress and have learned a most valuable lesson ..cut and paste code never pays off [wink]

Make sure you post loads of screenshots when you have it all looking pretty [smile]

Will do [smile] I already got some cool, psychadelic terrain [grin] I'll post some screenshots when it actually looks like what i want it to.

-AJ

This topic is 4262 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.