Sign in to follow this  
sirgika

AP Computer Science AB Free Response

sirgika    122
Hi, I'm a senior in HS and I'll be taking this exam in May, hopefully along with some other members here so I can get some feedback. The course outline can be found at: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_compsciab.html?comsciab As stated, I am have trouble in doing well on the Free Response, which mainly covers basic data structures (Linked Lists, Collections, Maps, Sets, Hash, Trees, and 2D Arrays). Any tips and advice on how to do well in this section would be appreciated. I can grasp the concepts of the AB course, which is why I don't haev a problem with the multiple choice. Also, any opinions on the test would be appreciated as well. I hope other members are also taking the AB test so they can at least benefit something from this thread. Thanks!

Roquqkie    100
Hi,

Buy and read first part of "Introduction to algorithms 2nd. ed." by Thomas H. Cormen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0262531968/sr=8-2/qid=1145288320/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-6338573-5799912?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Good luck with your test!

Best regards,
Roquqkie

njpaul    367
I took that 3 years ago. My suggestion is to learn trees and how to traverse them. I did that and was fine. I got a 4 on it. It's really not as hard as it is made out to be.

Synt4x    138
yea I got a 5 on mine(when I was a sophomore in HS) like.. 3 yrs back or so, it's not that bad, just go through your course book, and possibly pick up a data structures book or find tutorials online.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi Again,

Do you remeber what they ask you to do? I would think that it's something like traverse through a LinkedList and delete all nodes containing x and replacing those nodes with y. Any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks.