Could you please tell me if this is good code.

Started by
2 comments, last by cNoob 18 years ago
Hello everyone usually when i make games there all in one source file because my games are like pong they dont really need to be object oriented. but guess what I made my first real oop game today it isnt much but i like it. I was woundering if my code is ok for a first oop project. Thank you for taking your time to have a look at it. Any suggestions are welcome( Good/Bad ). Clicky
Advertisement
Object oriented programming is conceptual. Putting different modules in different translation units (i.e., using multiple source files) is something that should be done regardless of programming paradigm. In other words, just making multiple source files and using the class keyword does not make your code object oriented.

If the code runs correctly, it is probably acceptable as a good step along the path to becoming a competent programmer (it won't download for me here at work, so I can't actually see it). However, I have a hunch that you might be confused as to what the term "object oriented programming" actually means.

Googling the phrase might help.
You use classes and multiple files as organization, i'd say it's modular not object oriented but that's okay for this kind of project. How you did it it's very clear to me, I could understand what you are doing by just peeking over the declarations.
Ok thanks for the reply. Appreciate the good comment. So what i have done her ok for simple games like this and like tic tac toe, pong and breakout.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement