Sign in to follow this  

VS2005, delete, backspace, enter etc. not working

This topic is 4260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have used MS Visual Studio 2005 for some time, but when I started it up this time the only keys which worked was the letters, the signs( {, [, ., ; etc.) and the numbers. This only happens in the editor, for example when naming a file I can use these keys, but when I enter the editor where I write code they don't work. Does anyone know what is wrong, and how to fix it? When I tried searching I found people with similar problems, but that was with the beta version, and had something to do with tools, I have tried uninstalling all the tools I have. I'm suspecting XNA to be the cause, because when I installed it and tried to create an XNA build project the IDE crashed and it was after that, that the keys stopped working. I have uninstalled XNA now, but the problem is still there.

I have seen it completely wipe out the line of code I was working on and I could no longer type on that line (chars wouldn't appear, only on that line). Undo wouldn't fix it, I had to close and reopen the file. But those problems are fairly rare.

This topic is 4260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.