Sign in to follow this  
fathom88

Silly Question On MFC CListCtrl

fathom88    180
I have a question regarding CListCtrl. I can't seem to add header columns to it. I can make entries just fine, but not headers. I dragged and dropped the control to my window from the tool box. I set the view mode to report in the properties window. I placed it's intialization in my window's OnInitDialog. Here it is: BOOL CMyTestWin::OnInitDialog() { CListCtrl *pListCtrl = NULL; LVCOLUMN lvColumn; LVITEM lvItem; CDialog::OnInitDialog(); pListCtrl = (CListCtrl *)GetDlgItem(IDC_TEST_LIST_CTRL); if(pListCtrl != NULL) { pListCtrl->SetExtendedstyle(LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES); lvColumn.mask = LVCF_FMT | LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_WIDTH; lvColumn.fmt = LVCFMT_LEFT; lvColumn.cx = 120; lvColumn.pszText = "Full Name"; pListCtrl->InsertColumn(0, &lvColumn); lvColumn.mask = LVCF_FMT | LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_WIDTH; lvColumn.fmt = LVCFMT_LEFT; lvColumn.cx = 100; lvColumn.pszText = "Profession"; pListCtrl->InsertColumn(1, &lvColumn); lvColumn.mask = LVCF_FMT | LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_WIDTH; lvColumn.fmt = LVCFMT_LEFT; lvColumn.cx = 80; lvColumn.pszText = "Fav Sport"; pListCtrl->InsertColumn(2, &lvColumn); lvColumn.mask = LVCF_FMT | LVCF_TEXT | LVCF_WIDTH; lvColumn.fmt = LVCFMT_LEFT; lvColumn.cx = 75; lvColumn.pszText = "Hobby"; pListCtrl->InsertColumn(3, &lvColumn); //adding item OK lvItem.mask = LVIF_TEXT; lvItem.iItem = 0; lvItem.iSubItem = 0; lvItem.pszText = "Just A TEST"; pListCtrl->InsertItem(&lvItem); } return TRUE; // return TRUE unless you set the focus to a control // EXCEPTION: OCX Property Pages should return FALSE } I get no columns. It should work. I got the example from FunctionX. Am I forgetting to set a property in the control settings? Thanks for any help.

AndyGeers    132
It's not that silly a question. I had a quick look in the MSDN and it looks like you can only have a header when you use the "report" style. There's a column heading parameter in the InsertColumn method of the control (EDIT: Just noticed there are two versions of that function, and the one you're using with a LVCOLUMN should work fine too, you just have to get it into report mode)

Hope that helps get you started