Shadowmapping with Large terrains

Started by
10 comments, last by MARS_999 17 years, 11 months ago
I'm in the same position with my game (well, a while back).

In previous tries, moving the light together with the camera did not work. When an object at the other side of the light, it's shadow will move. I haven't tried that with an ortho projection yet.

I'm also looking for the solution to this problem. I haven't been able to find much information on the subject of rendering shadows for a large terrain. All demo's, examples and tutorials focus on one single object rendered, in a small scene.

I wonder if the topic started has tried the light moving tip (with an ortho projection), and can share his experiences?

www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ajoling
I'm in the same position with my game (well, a while back).

In previous tries, moving the light together with the camera did not work. When an object at the other side of the light, it's shadow will move. I haven't tried that with an ortho projection yet.

I'm also looking for the solution to this problem. I haven't been able to find much information on the subject of rendering shadows for a large terrain. All demo's, examples and tutorials focus on one single object rendered, in a small scene.

I wonder if the topic started has tried the light moving tip (with an ortho projection), and can share his experiences?

I haven't had time to try it, and not 100% sure on how to go about it... I wish someone would write a tutorial that way I wouldn't have to ask! :) If I can I will try it, and post the results...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement