Sign in to follow this  
Priyajeet

Is Cell Factor written in C# and using Managed DirectX ?

Priyajeet    122
This is the game cellfactorgame.com All the hoopla about it using Ageia Physx. Anyways, reading this interview http://www.cgonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=508&Itemid=1 Following Q
Quote:
What multiplayer options will there be? How many players can battle in the same round? In the demo, there's Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag (the flags are actually physics objects like everything else), each supporting up to 16 LAN players and/or bots. Perhaps the modding community may be able to determine what more specialized modes can be dreamed up to best make use of the demo's PhysX capabilities -- the game code is completely editable using C# scripting, and the engine has an open content pipeline.
Well I know writing scripts doesnt mean that the engine/game is written in that language. But here a .net language is being used as compared to say - C++ unmanaged or even python/perl (BF2 scripts I think) or whatever is used commonly. Also the point to be noted is, that this game development started in Jan and it comes out next month. So? what you say ? _________ EDIT: nevermind, and immersion dude told me its C++ as I kinda thought.
Quote:
The scripts defining game behavior were written in C# (weapons, players, vehicles, gameplay modes, ...), but the underlying engine is fully written in much optimized C++. This is a similar case scenario to other engines where some sort of multi-platform compiled code (the scripts) is run over native code (the engine).
[Edited by - Priyajeet on April 17, 2006 3:55:28 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Its most likely in C++, using C# for scripting, just as it says. I dont really see why that wouldnt be the correct answer, its not that uncommon that java is used for scripting in C++ programs, so why would C# be different?

Priyajeet    122
nevermind, and immersion dude told me its C++ as I kinda thought.

Quote:
The scripts defining game behavior were written in C# (weapons, players,
vehicles, gameplay modes, ...), but the underlying engine is fully written
in much optimized C++. This is a similar case scenario to other engines
where some sort of multi-platform compiled code (the scripts) is run over
native code (the engine).

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
game engine build with C++ (artificial studio Reality Engine) but this game is written via c# scripting (VSA), I know.