Sign in to follow this  
Flibbles

Porting texturing

I'm trying to create an application that can work under both windows and Mac OS, and I'm having trouble with the textures. I've heard that there are many complications involved with getting textures to work under both platforms. I've managed to get the textures working fine under windows, but under Mac, they don't come in. Other than alpha channels, these are relatively straight forward premade textures. Does anyone know what might be wrong. SHould I post some of my source?

Quote:
Original post by Flibbles
I'm trying to create an application that can work under both windows and Mac OS, and I'm having trouble with the textures. I've heard that there are many complications involved with getting textures to work under both platforms. I've managed to get the textures working fine under windows, but under Mac, they don't come in. Other than alpha channels, these are relatively straight forward premade textures. Does anyone know what might be wrong. SHould I post some of my source?

Yeah you will need to deal with endianess issues if you are on the powerpc side. I haven't coded Intel Macs yet but assume the endianess issues are gone due to the Intel is little endian and PowerPC is big endian. I would suggest you look into using QT if you really want to use Mac and PC loading of textures...